Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council welcomed Festival of Thrift to their site – Kirkleatham Estate – in 2016 for our 4th Festival. Thrilled with the response of both the locals, the businesses and the media, Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council invited the Festival back for 2017.
As a main supporter of the Festival, the council are keen to support the ethos of the Festival which closely aligns with the Borough’s priorities. Actions include working towards a more sustainable future – which includes zero carbon eco village – as well as developing Redcar and Cleveland as a visitor destination by encouraging bigger and better events, raising the profile of the Borough through positive media.
The goals of the Festival are to:
- Build a unique and distinctive, fun, sustainable national event which draws positive media attention to Redcar & Cleveland, Tees Valley and the North East.
- Celebrate the heritage and contribute to the future prosperity of Redcar & Cleveland.
- Ensure wider economic benefit through encouraging extended visitor spend on travel, accommodation, restaurants and businesses.
- Contribute to community cohesion through targeting communities with less access to culture.
- Highlight the skills and creativity of the area’s artists and craftspeople. Inspiring all ages to learn old and find new ways to be creative in their everyday lives.
MORE ABOUT: Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council area dedicated to improving the lives of their residents. This is being delivered by ongoing improvements to the local environment, providing platforms for strong business support, responding to educational, health and wellbeing needs as well as encouraging a rich, social community, all based on the unique culture of the area. Find out more by visiting their website