The Festival of Thrift is not just a Festival to visit. We want you to get involved and be part of the whole ethos of the event.
‘It’s what you make it’
So, here are some easy ways to ensure that you’re not missing out…
- Something broken … a guitar, phone, pipe, shoe or anything else you can carry that needs to find a fix. The folks at the Fix It Cafe will show you how to fix it not fling it. (Kirkleatham Hall School)
- Swaps – search the house for those items that you no longer require and swap them for something you do! Swap a coat for a casserole dish, a trowel for a hat at the wonderful SwapShop. (Sabic Stage & Museum)
- Plants & Seeds – for the Seed Swap (The Nursery)
- Bits of broken computer – or e-junk for the Scavenger workshops. Computer towers are ideal, anything electrical please but no laptops or things with glass screens. (Kirkleatham School Hall)
- An old t-shirt – to upcycled into your very own tote bag with the CBeebies’ Let’s Go Club. (BBC Village, Adventure)
- Wear your most dapper outfit. We’re looking for the Best Dressed Thrifters and inviting them to take to the stage as part of the OxGlam Fashion Show. If you’re picked out of the crowd you’ll be awarded a handmade rosette. (Sabic Stage)
- A picnic and a blanket – make for the thriftiest of days and bring your own. (Just pick your place)
- Bags – to carry home your purchases from the stalls and Festival garden compost (Main Car Park)
- Cards & money – if you want to shop at one of our many stalls (including homeware, fashion, food and more). We’ve joined forces with Square to equip some of our stallholders with card payment devices too.
- Donate your left over fruit and vegetables to Jamallot, our Jam and Chutney making factory. Don’t let your apples, plums or veg go to waste. Either just drop it in or stay and do the making. (Stables)