Festival of Thrift – Traders T&Cs 2021
A big Thrifty ask…
The Festival of Thrift is the national celebration of sustainable living, so it is important that your offer is in line with our upcycled, recycled and thrifty ethos!
So, before you complete the application form, please ensure you have read and can comply with the T&Cs outlined below and remember, there are some documents you will need to provide as part of this submission.
As we all know, 2021 just keeps delivering unwelcome surprises, and the guidance for outdoor festivals is constantly evolving. We will send you some further updated information as part of your joining instructions nearer to the festival.
If you have any queries, please do email email@example.com
The ‘official’ stuff
1. Pitches are allocated at the discretion of the festival. Please do not ask for specific areas in advance or request to be moved once you have been allocated a space.
2. Please do your upmost to arrive on site at your allotted time. Obviously, things happen – so we will give you a contact number for your Zone manager on the day, should you be unavoidably delayed. (The site is divided into a number of colour–designated Zones to make things easier).
3. All vehicles must be removed from the festival site 30 mins before the official opening time of the festival and may not return to site until H&S have given permission. This time will be communicated to you via your Zone Manager. We will provide information about trader parking in your joining instructions.
4. Stalls must be staffed at all times during the festival opening hours.
5. Please ensure your products, additional stock, empty boxes and advertising (A-frames, flags etc) do not encroach on other traders’ pitches or into the public walkways.
6. You will not be able to submit your application form until you have attached:
– a copy of your Public Liability Insurance certificate
– a risk assessment (relevant for festival trading)
– if you are a food trader – your food hygiene rating and the name of the council you are registered with.
7. Your pitch is only confirmed when we have received your non-refundable deposit payment. In the event of the festival being cancelled by the organisers, this will be returned.
8. As part of the booking process we will also ask for a refundable waste deposit. This deposit will be refunded within 7 working days, as long as your pitch is left squeaky clean. Make sure you see your Zone Manager before you leave site to sign-off your pitch.
Your offer / products
1. Please ensure that you only bring the items listed on your application form. If your offer is significantly different or has increased when you arrive at the festival, you may be asked to remove items from sale. This is to ensure that the wider festival offer is balanced and to make sure similar products are not placed next to each other.
2. It is important that the items you are selling and using comply with Festival of Thrift’s policies on recycling and sustainability.
Please do not bring:
– plastic carrier bags, cutlery or other single-use plastic items (e.g. balloons)
– items in plastic packaging
– mass-produced / bought-in products
– disposable items such as ‘novelty’ throw-away festival attire (non-biodegradable glitter / face paint, hair wraps, garlands etc.)
Please do bring:
– wooden cutlery, cardboard serving trays, compostable and recyclable cups
– paper and canvas bags
– local, handmade, upcycled and unique products
– retro, vintage and pre-loved items
– toy or replica guns
– pornographic materials
– counterfeit goods
– anything that can be used as a weapon
– laser pens
We are working with colleagues in Redcar & Cleveland Council to ensure that all traders comply with relevant legislation, CE certification and trading standards. If you are unsure if any of your goods do not comply, or you have any questions, please contact us before coming to the event – a question is better than a prosecution!
Please refer to the below link for further trading standards and compliance details.
The legal bit…
1. Terms and Conditions of Stall Hire may be subject to amendment – you will be notified of any changes.
2. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that stallholders operate solely at their own risk. All traders are responsible for complying with all relevant trading legislations, compliance and CE certification associated with their brand and products.
3. Traders are required to carry their own liability and goods insurance; a copy of which needs to be provided to the organisers on confirmation. Whilst all due precautions are taken, The Festival of Thrift cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to products or persons during the event or loss of items left on site overnight.
4. Traders shall indemnify Festival of Thrift organisers against all liabilities, actions, costs, claims and compensation for injury, loss or damage to any person or property arising as a result of their trading at their event or any act, omission or negligence done or omitted by the stallholder, their employees, agents or any other person under their direction.
5. All traders must comply with current COVID guidance (to be supplied as part of the joining instructions) which could include, but is not limited to, social distancing, wearing face coverings, cleaning regimes.
6. Any change in traders’ details needs the prior written consent of The Festival of Thrift organisers.
7. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the festival, a full refund will be provided. No reimbursement will be available in respect of loss of potential income or trader costs incurred.
10. Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions may result in you being removed from the Festival of Thrift site and no refund will be given. Any stallholder deemed not to meet these requirements will also forfeit any right to be invited to the festival in subsequent years.
LET’S BE KIND TO EACH OTHER! It has been a tough year for everyone and things may feel a little different on site. Getting in and off site may be slower and it may not feel exactly the same as previous years, but we will do everything in our power to ensure you have a great weekend’s trading.
We can’t wait to welcome you back and together we can have a great festival weekend.